What is the Patient Portal?
As a technologically advanced and eco-conscious pediatric practice, WholeKids Pediatrics instituted a patient portal in early 2012. This has eliminated the need for paper messaging, decreased phone “tag” and has promoted more efficient patient care.
The patient portal is an extra service that is provided by WholeKids Pediatrics through our electronic charting system that allows families access to their child’s chart via the internet. The patient portal allows parents to do the following functions:
- Request appointments
- View and print immunization records
- View lab results
- Ask the nurse – parents may send a secure message regarding questions about their child’s illness or other concerns that may arise. This message may be answered by the nursing staff or will be directed to providers at WholeKids as appropriate.
- Request prescription refills and deal with referral matters
- Get appointment reminders
The patient portal is not intended to replace medical care that is provided in the office but is a way to foster more timely and efficient communication. Please note that the patient portal is attended only during business hours. For after hours or weekend urgent medical concerns, families should call the office and page the on call physician.
What else should I know?
- Current patients must enroll at their next visit to WholeKids Pediatrics.
- New patients must pre-register. Your enrollment in the portal will be activated at the 1st appointment.
- Requires a valid email address. Choose an email that will be accessed regularly.
- Requires activation and agreement to the practice consent form. Once these steps are completed, you will have access to your child’s chart and receive appointment reminders.
- Log in ID
- Composed of your child’s first and last name and year of birth
- e.g. JohnSmith2002 – first letter of first and last name is capitalized followed by year of birth with no spaces
- Log in ID is NOT changeable
- Each child has their own log in ID
- You will be assigned a generic password which you may keep or change
- It is recommended for ease that you use the same password for all your children
- All inquiries regarding the patient portal must be addressed to info@wholekidspediatrics. We will not address patient portal concerns on the telephone due to time constraints.