Our nurses are available to provide your family with general medical advice via the telephone or our patient portal. Telephone calls should be reserved for urgent matters regarding an ill child. Please use the patient portal for all non-urgent matters.
BEFORE you call us, please utilize the following resources as they have answers to many commonly asked questions. We recommend starting with the Symptom Checker. The symptom checker link is below or located on the right side of this page for your convenience.
Symptom Checker – we recommend starting here
AskDrSears.com – similar advice to what we recommend at WholeKids
DrGreene.com – great general pediatric website covering a wealth of topics
Things To Know About Phone Triage
- Phone calls are answered in order of urgency and not by the time received in office
- Urgent messages will be attended to promptly ensuring that any child who needs to be seen that day will be taken care of.
- You can expect a phone call back in 2-3 hours, sooner if office schedule permits
- Do not leave multiple messages especially in different voicemails as this slows down the process of answering your concern
- Be mindful that our nurses are working with the practitioners seeing patients in the office along with answering phone calls and patient portal messages.
- All non-urgent matters related to breastfeeding, nutrition, sleep questions, medications, school/camp forms, etc should be sent via the patient portal. We will address these concerns as soon as possible but please allow 1-2 business days for a response.